Chicken bacon ranch wrap!
Wrap filling: Grilled chicken thighs, bacon, shredded cheese, olives, red onion, lettuce and ranch. I would’ve added banana peppers but I was out.
Wrapped in large flour tortilla.￼
This was actually something I threw together on a whim and it was SO good. I had it with salt and vinegar chips!
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1 lb (450g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, grilled and sliced
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or your choice)
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded or chopped
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: Banana peppers, if available
- Salt and vinegar chips, for serving
- Prepare the Ingredients:
- Grill the chicken thighs until fully cooked. Slice them into thin strips.
- Cook the bacon until crispy, then crumble it into small pieces.
- Shred the lettuce, chop the red onion, and slice the black olives. If you have banana peppers, slice them thinly.
- Assemble the Wraps:
- Warm the flour tortillas briefly in a dry skillet or microwave to make them pliable.
- Lay out each tortilla and layer the fillings down the center in the following order: grilled chicken strips, crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, black olives, red onion, lettuce, and banana peppers (if using).
- Drizzle the ranch dressing over the fillings on each tortilla.
- Fold the Wraps:
- Fold the sides of the tortilla over the fillings, then fold the bottom up and roll tightly from one side, ensuring all the ingredients are securely wrapped.
- Cut the wraps in half diagonally for easy serving.
- Serve the chicken bacon ranch wraps with a side of salt and vinegar chips for a delicious and satisfying meal.
Enjoy your flavorful Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps with the crunch of chips on the side! Feel free to customize the recipe further to your taste preferences.
Q1: Can I use a different type of tortilla for this recipe? A1: Yes, you can use whole wheat tortillas, spinach tortillas, or any other type of tortilla you prefer. Just keep in mind that the size of the tortilla might affect the quantity of fillings you can add.
Q2: Can I use chicken breast instead of chicken thighs? A2: Absolutely! You can use chicken breast if you prefer leaner meat. Grill or cook the chicken breast thoroughly and slice it into thin strips before assembling the wraps.
Q3: Can I make these wraps ahead of time for meal prep? A3: While it’s best to assemble the wraps just before serving to prevent them from becoming soggy, you can prepare the individual components ahead of time. Grill and slice the chicken, cook and crumble the bacon, and chop the vegetables. Assemble the wraps right before eating for the freshest taste and texture.
Q4: What other cheese options can I use besides cheddar and mozzarella? A4: You can use Monterey Jack, pepper jack, Swiss, or any other cheese that melts well and complements the flavors of the other ingredients.
Q5: How long does the ranch dressing stay good after opening? A5: Typically, refrigerated ranch dressing stays good for about 1 to 2 months after opening. Always check the expiration date on the label and store it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Q6: Can I make these wraps vegetarian? A6: Absolutely! Simply omit the chicken and bacon, and add more vegetables or other meat alternatives like tofu or tempeh to create a delicious vegetarian version of the wraps.
Q7: Are there any alternatives to ranch dressing for this recipe? A7: Yes, you can use blue cheese dressing, Caesar dressing, or even a homemade creamy garlic dressing as alternatives to ranch, depending on your preference.
Q8: Can I add other vegetables to the wraps? A8: Certainly! Feel free to customize the wraps with your favorite vegetables such as tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, or avocado slices for added freshness and flavor.
Q9: Can I make the wraps gluten-free? A9: Yes, you can use gluten-free tortillas to make this recipe gluten-free. Ensure that all other ingredients, including the ranch dressing, are also gluten-free if you have dietary restrictions.
Q10: What can I serve as a side dish besides salt and vinegar chips? A10: These wraps go well with a variety of side dishes such as a simple green salad, coleslaw, sweet potato fries, or a bowl of soup.